Friday 8 July 2016

All The G's - another letter canvas.

I'm back with another chipboard letter canvas - this time it's all the G's - and features a recent photo of my husband Glenn. 

Here is the finished canvas ~

As with my other canvases - I started with a plain 8x10 canvas that I adhered every single chipboard 'g' that I could find in my stash. I used every single one! Once the matte medium was dry I covered the entire canvas in gesso.  
After the gesso was completely dry I began spraying my canvas with Dylusions Ink Sprays ~ Fresh Lime, Calypso Teal & London Blue.
I couldn't let all the awesome colour go to waste so I grabbed a couple of tags and my art journal to soak it all up for future projects.

Next I added some stamping using some of my favourite texture stamps and Archival Ink in Jet Black, Leaf Green & Potting Soil.

I grabbed my Distress Crayons next and used them to apply some highlights to the embossed textures on some the letters.

I even out the background & to help the letters pop, I painted around the letters with Dylusions Paint ~ Fresh Lime & Vibrant Turquoise. I love Dylusions Paints - they are so lush and smooth!


Next up - my trusty Black Distress Crayon to dirty things up a bit.

I used my white Sharpie paint pen to add highlights around the letters of his name and a few added splotches of paint in white and black to finish it off before adding the focal point.


To anchor my photo to the canvas I took some cheese cloth and rolled it in some Squeezed Lemonade Distress Stain. To grunge it up I rubbed my Walnut Stain Distress Ink Pad over it.
my next layer is a piece of wood veneer paper from MME that I have had in my stash for quite sometime. I used Walnut Stain Distress Ink & my blending tool to add some colour then the spritz & flick technique to remove some colour and to add interest.

Here is a close up of the layers ~

And another one of the canvas ~ 

~Finished canvas~





1 comment:

  1. Fabulous canvas Julia and amazing textures with the stamps, I thought you had used crackle medium! Deb xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!