Friday 13 January 2017

Distraction Journal

Hello, crafty friends! 
I'm going to share a little secret with you....I'm an over-thinker.
I over-think lots of stuff in my life but I do it a lot when I'm creating.
I can over-think myself into a virtual paralysis when it come to 
creating. So in order to help myself and to help embrace art journaling I have made myself a distraction journal. It's small enough to take with me, I can doodle in it, write down thoughts or memories, basically distract my brain when I begin to feel overwhelmed.


I started by grabbing a stack of 12x12 pattern paper from my stash.
I dry brushed acrylic paint in several different colours across the paper. 
It was so messy & so much fun! I think I did about 50 sheets of double-sided paper
by the time I was all done.

For the cover of my journal I used a Worn Cover from Tim Holtz Idea-ology.
I stamped some plain tissue paper and stamped on it with some of my fave background
 stamps and Jet Black Archival Ink.
I then used matte medium to adhere the tissue paper to the journal.
After the matte medium was completely dry I dry brush some Distress Paint over
 the entire journal, inside & outside. (sorry, I didn't take photos).

To finish off the outside I applied some Remnant Rubs and used some 
ribbon to attach the binder rings.


I filled my new little journal with pages made from my painted 
pattern papers.

Here is my first page in my new distraction journal.



2 comments:

  1. I think it is such a great idea to create a distraction journal Julia! The cover is fantastic, love the colours and the remnant rubs are just perfect. Love the ribbons on the side too! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing idea Julia!!! I think I need to do something like this too! I understand the over thinking & it can be paralyzing. It's a beautiful journal & thank you for sharing this <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!