Friday 24 March 2017

Creativity......an art journal page

Welcome back! 
I am still on a roll with creating pages in my calculus textbook art journal.

This page is full of colours and layers. I created while away at a 4-day retreat and the 
Silhouette Script stencil from Crafters Workshop and the Tim Holtz Motivation stamp from Stampers Anonymous I used were borrowed from another crafter.

I started by dry brushing some gesso over the pages and letting it dry. The first 3 paint colours were applied with a brayer. I then added some contrasting colours with a few different stencils & some random stamping with archival ink.

I stamped the sentiment on some tissue paper with black Archival Ink before applying with some matte medium. I used paint to stencil a chevron pattern over the edges of the tissue paper to help it blend into the background.

I used black Dylusions paint for the 6x6 Silhouette Script stencil.

This was pretty fun to create and I love all the bright colours and how they layered together.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!