Saturday 15 July 2017

Celebrate......Botanicals & Distress Oxides

Hello & welcome!

I'm here to share a card I made to give to my grandma who is turning 90 years young next week.
She is an amazing woman and I am so happy to be able to be with her on her special day.

Here is the finished card


For this card I used the Flower Jar Stamp Set with matching framelits, Distress Oxides, Archival Ink and watercolor paper.

I started by applying my Distress Oxides on to my splat mat (which is actually a bbq mat I bought at the $ store) then I gave these a spritz of water. Next I took my 5"x 5" square of watercolor paper and began creating my background. 

To create an edge or frame for my card I swiped just the edges through the leftover ink on my craft mat. Normally I would use my blending foam applicator to do this but this was a happy accident on one edge. I loved it so much I did the same on the other 3 edges.

Here is the background

I needed something to help ground my focal point to the card so I took a stamp from the Tim Holtz Mixed Media 2 stamp set to create this loose crosshatch on my background.

I used some scraps of watercolor paper that I had on my desk to create the mason jars.
I love my Misti. I get perfect placement and a sharp, crisp stamped image every time.
I used the Flower Jar framelit set to die cut out my jars. Its hard to see in the photo but I also applied some glossy accents to the jars to give them some highlights.

To create my flowers, I first took some scrap watercolor (again!) and applied some Distress Oxides using the same technique as described above. I then stamped my flowers (using my Misti) then die cut these images out using the coordinating framelits.

It was time to stamp my sentiment and assemble my jars. I used pop dots for the jars then used liquid glue to tuck my flowers in behind the jars.
Products used:

Tim Holtz Flower Jar Framelit set from Sizzix
140lb cold press water color paper
Archival Ink - Jet Black


3 comments:

  1. This is a really beautiful card for your grandmother. I'm sure she loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!love it 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Appreciate the time you took to write this

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!