Tuesday 1 August 2017

Monarch Thank you Card

Welcome back! It's been a quiet summer in my craftroom but I 
managed to sneak in a few moments to make this Thank You card.


I started with a favourite stamp set - Botanical Sketch and a new stamp set that I am sure will be a 
forever favourite - Flutter. 

I started by blending the Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide over a 5" x 5"  heavy white cardstock, then blended Spiced Marmalade Distress Oxide only along the edges. I then went back with the Fossilized Amber and blended the colours together.  Next I used my Misti to stamp the Botanical Sketch image on to the background. 

I used Fired Brick Distress Oxide on the stamp and spritzed it with a bit of water. I let the stamp sit on the paper for about 30 seconds. I stamped my sentiment and the monarch butterfly with embossing ink and used fine detail black embossing powder.

I used some Distress Inks to colour my stamped image before using the coordinating framelit to die cut out my image. Yippee for no fussy cutting!

My butterfly needed his antennae so I decided to create my own with wire, my heat tool and black embossing powder. I used my heat tool to heat the wire and dipping it in the jar of the embossing powder. 

I did this several times until the wire was covered. I gave the wire one final blast while pointing the wire down so that the melting powder would pool at the tip of the wire. Voila! Butterfly antennae!

All that was left to do was adhere my butterfly to the card.





1 comment:

  1. This is a stunning card. I didn't know that I needed that botanical stamp, but now, thanks to you, I do. it's a wonderful background stamp - perfect for your butterfly with the great antennas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!