Thursday 31 August 2017

More Cowbell!

I have blogged!
This situation clearly calls for more cowbell!
 I found this fun stamp set from Neat & Tangled at my LSS Scrapendipity.
It made me laugh as soon as I saw. The iconic Saturday Night Live skit is a 
favourite of mine and my husbands.I knew it would be perfect for his birthday card.


I wanted the cowbell to have some movement so I fashioned a 'wobbler' our of a wire and cardstock.
I took my wire and twisted it around the handle of a paintbrush 3 times then glued a cardstock circle onto either end. 

For my background, I started with a piece of cardstock and began blending my Distress Oxides in a circular pattern starting in the centre.

I used the Rays Layering Stencil from Tim Holtz and Fired Brick Distress Oxide to frame my cowbell. The cowbell was stamped on watercolour paper and coloured with Distress Markers then mounted on my DIY wobbler and adhered to my card.

There you have it.....more cowbell!


1 comment:

  1. I got to laughing, when I saw your "More Cowbell" Birthday Card, on your Instagram page, well, I just had to zip over to your blog, to see how it all came together. How perfect! Thank you for sharing! I can't wait to make a project, now, using that DIY "Wobbler" ! 😄

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I really appreciate it!